honey, I’m home!
yes, I have been absent for quite some time, and I must apologize profusely to my fellow followers. I’m sure by now you have long forgotten about this lil ‘ol site, but I'm back and I'm ready for, well, something new.
but first let me explain a little of why I have been MIA:
- Lost my job
- Got a new full-time job (which I love…helping serve those who are disenfranchised…more about that later)
- Bought a house (our first house!)
- Added a new member to our family (No, not an actual child, more like a rescued German Shepherd…pics to come)
- Turned 40
- Started a rock band (GPR…coming to a city near you)
so, if that isn’t good enough reasoning as to why I’ve been absent, well I just don’t know what is.
now, as for that “something new” I mentioned earlier. in the next few weeks you are going to see some changes to my site, my vision, and how it is executed.
I’m going to start cooking the way I do off camera, and that is from the heart. using little ideas to make big meals and to do it off the cuff. no recipes. no restraints. and no rights or wrongs.
hopefully you are as excited about this as I am.
so, welcome back to me, to you, and to the new RWV.
now, on to the food...
curried asparagus sticks w/ parsley pesto
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- whole wheat flour (enough to get a medium thick batter)
- 1/2 bottle dark beer
- curry powder - 1 tbsp
- cayenne pepper - 1/2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- cracked black pepper - pinch
- paprika (for color) - pinch
*combine ingredients, submerge each asparagus spear and drop in hot oil until golden brown
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 tbsp purple basil
- 1 head of garlic - roasted to a caramel color
- olive oil
- handful of roasted pine nuts
- a small pour of dry white wine (optional)
*put all ingredients together and blend until thickened - add more wine for less thickness
serve with a glass of white wine